Friday, July 06, 2007

1,000th Post Today - a small step in Blogland but a giant step for Lost Legacy


IMPORTANT NOTICE

ADAM SMITH’S LOST LEGACY HAS BEEN MOVED BY “BLOGGER”, THE HOST SITE, TO A NEW ADDRESS:


TO FOLLOW ALL 2083 POSTS (AND COUNTNG) FROM HERE TO 2012 AND BEYOND, PLEASE USE THE NEW ADDRESS.

THANK YOU

Gavin Kennedy



Today, Lost Legacy reaches its 1,000th post, since it started in February 2005!

Over that period from the first month’s total of unique visitors of 165, who looked at 665 pages (there were virtually no archives to look at), Lost Legacy has gone on to June’s 2007 monthly total of 21,533 unique visitors, who looked at 64,395 pages, nearly a tenfold increase.

For the time since March 2005 to June 2007, Lost Legacy has received 211,563 unique visitors, who have looked at 839,180 pages. I hope that trend continues upwards.

During virtually all of the time since my first posting, I have been working on my new book, Adam Smith, for Palgrave’s Great Thinkers in Economics series, to be published in 2008. I am now on the home stretch with the book and hope to hand the manuscript over to Palgrave Macmillan within a few weeks.

There comes a time in every book where the author must let go of ‘tidying up’, checking references, incorporating new text and taking into account new materials from the busy ranks of Smithian scholars. I am rapidly approaching that point, but I have one more task to do before I sign it off: I have to write my conclusions about Adam Smith. If I get to there in two weeks I will be pushing it. I would like to get there before I return to France in late August.

My thanks go to all who have ‘dropped in’ to read Lost Legacy, many who have stayed to read regularly. To few comments are posted on pieces but apart from a few more doing so recently, I receive emails from many more.

I’d like to think that I have not wasted your time and I hope you have all benefited from knowing more about the real Adam Smith, born in Kirkcaldy near to 5 June 1723 and died on 17 July 1776.

Lost Legacy shall carry on after my book is published for as long as I am able, and you, dear readers, keep ‘clicking’ on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home